Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sock Cupcakes


 I saw this on a blog somewhere (sorry I don't remember where), but I loved it.  Then I found socks (thanks be to hip2save) super inexpensive at Kohl's.  I jumped at the chance to make these cute socks:



I began by making cupcake holders.  There are lots of Cricut cartridges that have these, but I went with the one from the Easter 2010 cartridge then I hid all the little holes at each little bump at the top.  I cut these at 9 inches and it was a tight fit for my socks, but they were the fluffy socks.  It really depends on type of sock that you get.  If you went with baby socks, you would want to go smaller.  I would highly recommend using testing first!  I added some tape where the two ends meet just for added support.




Next I placed a pair of socks on the table.  I placed the heel at the top and placed the top sock slightly closer to me. I then just rolled it.  As you roll, it kind of does its own thing and will look nice, so don't spend a lot of time trying to get it perfect.



When you reach the end, grab the outer sock and wrap it around the cupcake, this will hold it in place.   I also saw some people use rubberbands, but I didn't have any of those handy so this worked perfect.


Put the "Sockcake" in the holder and put a little "whip cream" on top.  I did put these in cellophane bags with wintery ribbon tied around the top, but for some reason never took a picture.  They were a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment